Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >

qucioi's Profile

Title Last Reply

Epoisses question - white mold?

I bought some Epoisses two weeks ago and left it in the refrigerator. Looking at it today, it developed small patches of wild mold on the top of the rind that I saw through the plastic. As this is a soft cheese, is it no longer edible? I've had Epoisses before and it smells as it should, but I've always previously eaten it immediately.

Did I buy a mature cut that went bad, or could this possibly be a harmless mold?

Jan 25, 2009
qucioi in Cheese