ISO: Peanut butter cup cookie recipe
I knew exactly what recipe you were looking for when you described the cookie. I have made them for many cookie exchanges and they always get raves!
Peanut Butter Secrets
1 cup butter flavor crisco
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
40 to 45 chocolate covered miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
1 tsp. butter flavor crisco
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 TBSP. creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease cookie sheet
2. For cookies, combine crisco, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and peanut butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
4. Form rounded teaspoonfuls of dough around each peanut butter cup. Enclose entirely. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are just browned. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
6. For Glaze, combine crisco, chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave safe cup. Microwave at 50%(medium). Stir after 1 minute. Repeat until smooth (or melt on stove top in small saucepan over very low heat). Dip cookie tops only in glaze. allow to set.
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies