Chili con Carne
1. I use beans in my chili.
2. I am not from Texas.
3. I use hamburger because it is easy and I buy it in bulk when it is on sale and freeze it.
4. We live in Northern Kentucky, outside Cincinnati where they serve some of the most vile food in the world -- Cincinnati style chili.
5. Our current President may not be from Texas, either, but he does deserve respect.
6. So, if real Texas chili does not have beans, what is with all the Tex-Mex dishes WITH beans?
7. I always considered Texans to be a bit daft and blustery anyway. Think cowboys.
Steve Kirk blogs at www.theperfectsense.com.