Hi everyone, I messed up making dinner tonight and it's making me nervous! I dredged some chicken and put it on a plate before cooking it. I rinsed the plate - not hot water and didn't scrub - and dried it with a paper towel. It was just to get it out of the way, but then I got rushed and accidentally picked up the plate when I was taking the cooked chicken off the heat. I finished it in the microwave, so the plate was in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes. I really stress about salmonella or other bacteria with chicken and I'm really kicking myself over it! I'm usually so careful about washing everything and getting fresh plates/utensils when handling raw meat. What are the chances I contaminated the family with the mistake?! The chicken was dredged so it wasn't sitting in lots of juice or anything, and I did rinse the plate off. I'm really hoping no one will get ill, but I'm very worried!