The cake is too dry, and the icing is not sweet enough for me. (It's more buttery than sweet.)
While others might turn up their noses at Crumbs, I think that place makes the bomb-diggity cupcakes. There is a reason why they're dominating the cupcake game!
Scarpetta - Spaghetti Pomodoro
Pastis - Croque Monsieur
Jacques Torres - Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie
NOT A FAN of Fatty Crab on Hudson St.
Went there for a Thus night meal -- there were four of us. Really disappointing for such a highly regarded -- and pricey -- spot. Here's why:
- The place was blasting music as if they were trying to fill a club, when the restaurant is really small.
- Waiter was quite snarky and too-cool-for-school, which struck me as especially strange given it took him about 20 mins to come over and bring us water. No apology, no warmth, etc.
- We were told to order lots of small plates, and that the food would come out fast and furious. We didn't see the first plate until about 45 mins after placing it.
- Food was not tasty, but maybe that's just my opinion, b/c the other folks I was w/ liked it.
- Had to literally wave arms like a crazy person to get any staffer's attention. They were all chatting and hanging by the bar area.
- No apology for any of the delayed service.
I won't go back.