Haha, yes, but I try to get 'happy' off the foods from the first list most days of the week!
I'm looking for as many recipes for two adults as possible. I will look at anything, from the simplest to the most challenging. I have no preference on the cuisine type, and no food allergies/distastes for anything except ham (makes me break out in hives!) and cilantro (I've got a genetic distaste for it). My co-diner likes red meat, but it's not a must for every meal.
I am a novice cook who loves a challenge and experiments with food all the time. I'd like some simple recipes to start with, but I'd also love some really impressive stuff too! Thanks in advance for your help. :)
Orange juice - I stay away from most juices in general, but orange juice is just like swallowing syrup to me
For me, meat can never and will never lose its allure. Sure, I get sugar/carb cravings and don't dream of steak. But I am so anemic that if I don't regularly consume meat, all the iron pills and peanutbutter and eggs in the world won't save me.
Secondly, no, I just think the demand for QUALITY meat will, hopefully, spring up. There's already been a lot of pressure on factory farms with films like Fast Food Nation, Food INC, and the like. Places like Panera bread have made money off of schlepping their antibiotic-free chicken. I feel that if the American economy could stop bleeding people would put their money towards meat that isn't laden with hormones and other issues.
Thank you so much! I'll be on the look-out.
I have to slap on the 'good quality foodstuffs of all kinds make me happy!' addage to my post. ;
But I also feel the foods that make me happy fall under two broad categories.
Foods that make me happy: Healthy, Light, and Clean%3
- Brown rice and pasta (way more than regular)
- FRESH fish and shellfish cooked in lots of garlic and lemon and some wine
- Summer tomatoes from the farmstand. They deserve their own category! Seriously, anything involving a summer tomato, with fresh herbs thrown in, is bliss
- Actually, fresh herbs in general make me very happy. I have learned to appreciate the beauty and power of just-snipped tarragon, basil, oregano, dill, rosemary, and the like.
- Garlic in anything. The more garlic the better!
- Fruit salsas
- Fruits: strawberries, raspberries, mangos, peaches
- Vegetables: spinach, green beans, asparagus, red bell peppers, rainbow chard, morels
- Greek yogurt, especially with fruit or honey
- Homemade chicken soup
- Roasted chicken with root vegetables
- Greek-style lamb and classic Greek sides
- Leafy, beautiful green salads. I could eat one every day, so long as I could play with the variety of the leaves and the proteins involved.
- Tea. I travel the world through tea!
Foods that make me happy: Maybe I won't weigh myself tomorrow!
- Creme brulee
- Vanilla bean frosting and ice cream
- Homemade waffles and sausage
- Coq au vin
- Garlic mashed potatoes with cream and roasted garlic, preferrably from Yukon Golds!
- Sweet, smoky ribs with creamy coleslaw
- Bread! Fresh, beautiful artisan breads and butter are just heaven
- Cheeses, especially Brie, Camembert, and chevre
- Beer-battered onion rings
- A great, char-grilled burger on a beautiful roll with tons of flavor
- A medium/medium-well steak with wine sauce, crispy onions, buttery mushrooms, etc
- Chocolate truffles
- Polenta, either grilled or creamy
- Anything involving dark chocolate and raspberries/strawberries/nuts
Best Foods mayo
Kettle Brand Chips
Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
Trader Joe's brand of Greek yogurts
Ben and Jerry's ice cream when I feel like wasting money on a pint, lol
iet Coke - for those rare occasions I splurge on soda
Corona/Corona Light - the only beer I can drink without feeling instantly ill
Holy Guacamole when I can't make my own
Guittard chocolate chips for baking (okay, and snacking too!)
On a sidenote, I've never watched a single episode of Aartie's show, because I never see it on. What's her food like? (I didn't really follow her season of TNFNS, so I'm not sure.) Do they even show it anymore?
I caught this near the end, but that Howie guy seemed like such a douche from the 20 minutes I watched it, that he NEEDED to go.
I'm predicting Orchid will be the top 3; the judges seem enamoured by her!