well even if they eat at the bar, they would not thank the chefs for following reasons
California roll is good I agree, but no I was more into manners of eating sushi =)
it's best for them to go to Japan for once and learn~
Based on research that we did at Harvard, here is what we asked our students (100 in total) in a survey:
1. Do you like Japanese food?
2. Do you eat sashimi with chopsticks?
3. Do you eat ginger?
4. Do you eat sushi with soya sauce and wasabi? if so, do you mix them completely before dipping?
5. Do you think sushi is better if bigger?
6. Do you think sushi is a main course for Japanese meal?
7. Do you know the manners in eating sushi?
8. Do you think Japanese food is popular?
9. Before you eat and after you eat, do you say what Japanese say?
10. Do you thank sushi restaurant/sushi maker after you have finished eating?