Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >

eireland's Profile

Title Last Reply

monthly wine and apps for couples north of ohare

My girlfriend and I would like to start a small social gathering one Saturday each month with like minded lovers of food and wine. On a scale of 1-10 we are probably 6-7 on the scale of expertise on wine. We simply love it and enjoy the company of others that do as well. Although age is not important to us we are in our 40's and 50's.
We would be happy to host at our comfortable river front home in Des Plaines but would be happy to travel within reason to yours as well. These would be small, 6-8 people events with everyone bringing 2 bottles of wine ($50+- but that's not set in stone.) and 2 apps.
I am more casual and GF is more designer so you can dress as you like and fit in. Also she doesn't eat pork but I will eat her portion.
We are very easy going people and hope you will be as well.

My favorite wines are generally from Italy with Brunello di Montalcino as the one I want to drink on my deathbed. She tends to enjoy lighter colored and slightly sweeter wines so we will likely try to coordinate a diverse assortment to taste.
We are both well traveled and culturally diverse.
We can share more about ourselves after we get a group set up.
If your favorite topics are politics or religion we are probably not a great match.

I would like to shoot for November to start.
any takers?

Will and V

Sep 30, 2014
eireland in Chicago Area

"Cook's Treat:" What's Yours?

The outer portion of a good ribeye.Not even sure what you call it but its the small piece of meet between the outside layers of fat. Always the most tender and flavorful to me.
Sometimes when my kids get their steak its gone missing. slurp.

Dec 10, 2012
eireland in General Topics