Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >

Sweet Sandra's Profile

Title Last Reply

yogurt cream top - like Brown Cow cream top

Hi Crowbar in English It is called Clotted cream or Devon-shire cream. It's funny, I tried it for the first time last week. I went grocery shopping at Devon Market on the north side of Chicago and they were sampling it there. The gentlemen that was sampling it said that each ethnicity call it by a different name. They were sampling it on Balken bread. I tired the plain, one with jelly and I love it with honey, it is so delicious. I didn't buy it but after doing some research I would like to try it again, especially on scones. Apparently it is popular in some parts of Chicago. The company that makes it has a website

Oct 09, 2009
Sweet Sandra in General Topics