Whether you use an outdoor grill, broiler, or stovetop grill pan, it takes only a few minutes to cook lamb loin or rib chops to a perfect medium rare (see this chart for details on timing). Get them marinating in a flavorful mix of ingredients early in the day, and you can have dinner on the table in no time. Try these six marinades Chowhounds love:
1. Spread the chops with a paste of Dijon mustard, olive oil, dry vermouth, crushed garlic, chopped rosemary, and cracked black pepper and marinate for a few hours. –nomadchowwoman
2. Marinate the chops overnight in olive oil, minced garlic, fresh mint, salt, and pepper. Served with lemon wedges, "it's heaven." –rayrayray
3. Purée cumin, coriander, cayenne, ginger, garlic, chopped mint, olive oil, and yogurt. Marinate the chops in the mixture for a couple of hours. –JungMann
4. Marinate the chops overnight in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Shaoxing rice wine, Chinese five-spice powder, and honey. –JungMann
5. A mixture of honey, red wine vinegar, and garlic flavors these grilled marinated lamb chops with balsamic cherry tomatoes. They're "super simple and absolutely fantastic!" –DanaB
Discuss: Lamb Chop recipe?