NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE UNITED STATES AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Administrator, Sponsor & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. (“CBSI”), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI; Common Threads, 500 N. Dearborn, Suite 605
Chicago, IL 60654; and Microsoft, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
1. Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the Outlook.com Recipe Challenge Benefiting Common ThreadsChow.com Outlook Recipe Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) operated on the chow.com web site accessible at the domain “chow.com” (the “chow.com Service”), you (“you” or the “Participant”) hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of the United States; and (b) who are at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, at the date of entry into this Sweepstakes. Employees, independent contractors and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing, “immediate family” mean parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same household of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 19, 2013 at 12:00:00 PM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on September 5, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). The Sweepstakes entry period (the “Entry Period”) begins on August 19, 2013, at 12:00:00 PM PT and ends at 11:59:59 AM PT August 30, 2013. Judging of the Recipe Entries (as defined below) will occur between August 31 and September 5, 2013 (the “Judging Period”).
4. To Participate. Go to the chow.com Service and submit a valid an original kid-friendly recipe (the “Recipe Entry(ies)”). The Recipe Entries must be (a) in English, (b) valid (meaning the recipe must be edible), and © an original creation of the Participant. The Recipe Entry must include (i) all recipe ingredients with specific flavors and exact measurements, (ii) complete preparation directions, including chopping or cutting directions, baking/cooking time and temperature, and (iii) cooking equipment with specific size and/or dimensions. A Recipe Entry must contain a maximum of 10 ingredients and one of those ingredients must include one of the following: carrots, ground turkey, basil, or brown rice. Recipe Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by the Judges (as defined below) in their sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights or copyrights. Recipe Entries submitted must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to reproduce the Recipe Entries in full or edit and enhance the recipe at their discretion. Recipe Entries will not be returned to Participants. Administrator will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced entries.
Recipe Entries may be published by the Sweepstakes Entities via the Internet. Participants, by sending your Recipe Entry, give the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, sub-licensable, unconditional, transferable, worldwide, royalty free license to reproduce, encode, store, modify, edit, copy, transmit, post, broadcast, display, publish, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or the number of times used) the Recipe Entry on the chow.com Service and/or any media, format or medium for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation to, or approval from the Participant. Sweepstakes Entities are authorized to use the Recipe Entries as they see fit, including but not limited to, usage in advertising and promotions.
5. Finalist and Winner Selection. The Administrator will conduct a random drawing, on or around August 30, 2013 from all eligible entries received by the end of the Entry Period, to select five (5) finalist (the “Finalist(s)”) Recipe Entries. A panel of judges which may be comprised of employees of CBS Interactive Inc. (the “Judges”), whose decision will be final and binding in all respects and on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, will prepare the Finalists recipes to evaluate such Finalists using the following criteria: taste (20%), originality (20%), ease of preparation (20%), nutritional value (20%) and kid-friendliness (20%). In the event an exact duplicate Recipe Entry is submitted, only the first such Recipe Entry received will be considered.
6. How to Enter. To enter this Sweepstakes, go to Outlook recipe contest page on the chow.com Service during the Entry Period and follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry form, including, without limitation, submitting your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, and your valid and original Recipe Entry and the hitting “submit” to be entered into this Sweepstakes. Limit one Recipe Entry per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes.
7. Grand Prize.
The Sweepstakes will award one (1) grand prize (the “Prize”) which consists of the Prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) being included in a video, showing Gail Simmons cooking the Prize Winner’s recipe with representatives and children from the healthy cooking and food conscious organization, Common Threads. The video will be recorded between September 11 and September 13, 2013, depending on Gail’s availability and production timing. The Prize Winner will be contacted by Gail via ‘Skype’ (for the purpose of clarity, Skype is a method of communicating via the internet that utilizes a web cam that enables the people who are communicating to see each other. The Prize Winner will not be flown anywhere, Prize Winner will be at his/her house during the Skype conversation. Prize Winner must have a webcam and Skype in their computer). Gail will be in New York, NY when communicating with the Prize Winner via Skype, the conversation between Gail and the Prize Winner will be recorded (Prize Winner will be seen in a computer). The video recording of the conversation will be published on the chow.com Service, and on various social web sites. The Prize has no approximate retail value. Prize winner must have access to, and be able to utilize Skype and be available on the designated date in order to claim Prize.
8. Prize Restrictions. The Prize is nontransferable. All income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Prize(s) is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for Prize Winner’s use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, is the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
9. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
10. Winner Notification. Judging of the Finalists’ Recipe Entries will commence between August 31, 2013 and September 5, 2013. Within 1 day of the date of the Judges’ decision, the Prize Winner will be notified that their Recipe Entry was selected. In the event that there are, in the opinion of the Administrator, insufficient legitimate entries to judge, Administrator reserves the right to select Prize Winner from among all entries received utilizing the taste and nutritional value judging component. The potential Prize Winner will be notified by email and/or by phone. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during (1) day from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified at the discretion of the Administrator, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only one attempt for an alternate will be conducted, if attempt fails, Prize will not be awarded.
11. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. In order to receive the Prize, the potential Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) within one (1) day of notification of winning. Failure to properly execute and return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if the Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
12. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, the Prize Winner’s acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the Prize Winner’s name, the winning recipe, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation in connection with the Sweepstakes and identifying the Prize Winner.
13. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any Participant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the Prize, if Participant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other Participants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during Participant registration or Prize claim, plagiarizing and/or copying a published recipe, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use Participant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Participants agree that Administrator may void any part of the Prize that Participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that Participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the any part of the Prize shall in no way prevent Sweepstakes Entities from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion, believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Prize Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
15. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
16. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any Participants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
17. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising, marketing or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
18. Prize and Prize Winner. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising, marketing and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/Participant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Prize Winner, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any Participant’s or third party’s person (including death) or property related to or resulting from any part of the Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
19. Release and Indemnity. Each Participant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries advertising, marketing and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, the Recipe Entry submitted to participate in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
20. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DEALERS AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING, MARKETING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS AND ASSIGNS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
21. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES & PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
22. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder (as defined below) of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
23. Binding Arbitration. Participants waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
24. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 23 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
25. Winner List/Official Rules. For the name of the Prize Winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 30, 2013 to Chow.com for Outlook Recipe Sweepstakes c/o CBS Interactive, Inc. 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: Chow.com for Outlook Recipe Sweepstakes Rules for receipt by September 15, 2013. Residents from VT may omit postage on the self-address envelope. The names of the Prize Winner may, and Official Rules will, be posted on the chow.com Service.